Bootstrapped founders hit many milestones on their journey towards a sustainable business. It’s important to remember and celebrate them because the road is long and interesting.
I’ll keep track of my milestones here:
- Achieve “break-even MRR” (~$100). This is enough monthly revenue to pay for the costs of the services I use to run the business.
- Launch The Quickstart Guide to Game Mastering
- May 6, 2021 - Made my first software sale. I sold a Premium Pass for Here Be Taverns.
- May 6, 2021 - Launched Here Be Taverns Premium Pass with the first premium generator – Factions.
- Apr. 26, 2021 - Turn off new subscriber notifications from Mailchimp because there are too many coming in every day.
- Mar. 29, 2021 - Launch Crash the System, a rules-lite cyberpunk RPG. This is my first time ever being involved in a published RPG.
- Jan. 30, 2021 - I make my first $1 on the internet.
- Jan. 22, 2021 - Launch the new Here Be Taverns website.
- Nov. 24, 2020 - Publish the first episode of Wazel Brothers Build, a podcast on company building with my brother.
- Oct. 26, 2020 - Launch the Sword & Source homepage.
- Sep. 23, 2020 - Launch the new Novus Bestiary website.
- Sep. 21, 2020 - Register Sword & Source as a sole proprietorship. I’ve decided to focus on the Tabletop Roleplaying Game industry.
- Sep. 7, 2020 - First full work day after leaving Shopify.
- Spring 2020 - I make the decision to leave my full time job at Shopify and build my own business.