Founders hit many milestones on their journey towards a sustainable business. It’s important to remember and celebrate them because the road is long and interesting.
I’ll keep track of my milestones here:
- Oct. 17, 2022 - First full work day on MUSE, a platform to create, play, and share mobile RPGs.
- Oct. 14, 2022 - Launched The Oracle, a feature in Here Be Taverns that lets Game Masters generate artwork with Stable Diffusion. My beta testers had already burned through 4000 credits. The feature gets great user feedback and causes revenue to jump up.
- Oct. 4, 2022 - I have an epiphany: A complete vision for a product that could address my Core Problem and be commercially viable. I make the decision to pursue it full time after I launch The Oracle.
- May 31, 2022 - Began work on a project with Meta as a product design consultant. This turns out to be a transformative project and team for my career.
- May 16, 2022 - Moved to an advisory role for LegendKeeper.
- Aug. 4, 2021 - Joined LegendKeeper as a partner to help with growth.
- May 14, 2021 - Launched The Quickstart Guide to Game Mastering
- May 6, 2021 - Made my first software sale. I sold a Premium Pass for Here Be Taverns.
- May 6, 2021 - Launched Here Be Taverns Premium Pass with the first premium generator – Factions.
- Apr. 26, 2021 - Turn off new subscriber notifications from Mailchimp because there are too many coming in every day.
- Mar. 29, 2021 - Launch Crash the System, a rules-lite cyberpunk RPG. This is my first time ever being involved in a published RPG.
- Jan. 30, 2021 - I make my first $1 on the internet.
- Jan. 22, 2021 - Launch the new Here Be Taverns website.
- Nov. 24, 2020 - Publish the first episode of Wazel Brothers Build, a podcast on company building with my brother.
- Oct. 26, 2020 - Launch the Sword & Source homepage.
- Sep. 23, 2020 - Launch the new Novus Bestiary website.
- Sep. 21, 2020 - Register Sword & Source as a sole proprietorship. I’ve decided to focus on the Tabletop Roleplaying Game industry.
- Sep. 7, 2020 - First full work day after leaving Shopify.
- Spring 2020 - I make the decision to leave my full time job at Shopify and build my own business.